Volunteer Trustee Treasurer – Vacancy
Sectors: conservation & wildlife
Closing date: Not specified, apply soon!
The ATF is looking for a committee member with financial experience, to oversee the organisation’s financial affairs as Volunteer Trustee Treasurer. The overall role of a treasurer is to maintain an overview of the organisation’s financial affairs focusing on maintaining the organisations financial viability and ensuring that proper financial records and procedures are maintained.
Working with our part time contracted-in administrative worker/bookkeeper, as well as our accountants, specific activities may include the following:
- Overseeing, approving and reporting on budgets, accounts and financial statements
- Being assured that the financial resources of the organisation meet its present and future needs
- Ensuring that the charity has an appropriate reserves policy
- The preparation and reporting of financial reports to the board
- Ensuring that appropriate accounting procedures and controls are in place
- Advising on the financial implications of the organisation’s strategic plans
- Ensuring that the charity has an appropriate investment policy
- Ensuring the organisation’s compliance with legislation
- Ensuring equipment and assets are adequately maintained and insured, including Public Liability
- Ensuring that the accounts are prepared and disclosed in the form required by funders and the relevant statutory bodies, e.g. The charity commission and/or the registrar of companies
- If external scrutiny of accounts is required, ensuring that the accounts are scrutinised in the manner required (independent examination or audit) and any recommendations are implemented
- Keeping the board informed about its financial duties and responsibilities
- Contributing to the fundraising strategy of the organisation
- Compiling reports of the accounts for board meetings and drawing attention to important points in a coherent and easily understandable way
Please mention environmentjob.co.uk when responding to this ad.