Stagecoach Launches Green Dragon’s Den Competition
Have you got what it takes to be Stagecoach Merseyside, Chester and South Lancashire’s sustainability champion for Merseyside?
Stagecoach is on the hunt for innovators and makers in Merseyside as part of a regional competition to celebrate its annual Green Week.
The theme for Green Week 2017 is ‘delivering solutions’, so the company has launched its first-ever Green Dragon’s Den competition. The contest aims to encourage the use of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths) to drive forward sustainability in local communities across Merseyside.
The competition is now open and the Dragons are looking for a product or initiative which will help local communities to be more environmentally friendly. The winning entry will walk away with a grand prize of £1,000 to develop their product further.
The contest will see the final five contestants shortlisted by Stagecoach pitch their product or idea in a Dragon’s Den style panel event held in Liverpool in October.
The judging panel will include sustainability experts, and representatives from Stagecoach’s senior management team.
The competition is open to schools, organisations, and individuals of all ages and aims to encourage people to get creative when thinking about sustainability.
Rob Jones, managing director of Stagecoach Merseyside, Chester, and South Lancashire, said: “Stagecoach’s Green Week is a nationwide celebration of sustainability and we wanted to do something to encourage communities across Merseyside to get involved and get innovating to drive forward sustainability where they live.
“The competition is open to anyone living across the region. We really want to encourage people to get their thinking caps on and develop a product to help their local communities to be more sustainable.
“This could be something like a special kind of bin that makes recycling easier, or a new model for a mini solar panel – for example. We’re particularly hoping to see people embracing technology to create products with real impact.
“People have four months to perfect their entry – the countdown is on and we’re incredibly excited to see what they come up with.”
Fancy your chances? Here is what the competition will involve:
- The Green Dragon’s Den competition launches on June 5th, with entries closing on October 5th
- Five finalists from each of the three regions will be chosen to take part in the live Green Dragon’s Den finals in October. They will then have twenty minutes to pitch their idea to a panel comprising of a Stagecoach representative, a sustainability expert, and a media representative.
- One winner from each of the three regions will be awarded a take-away prize of £1,000 to develop their idea further.
- There is no age limit and the competition is open to groups and individuals.
- In order to enter the competition, people should email a photo/image of their product through to along with 500 words about why they should win to firstname.lastname@example.org
- For full terms and conditions visit https://www.stagecoachbus.com/promos-and-offers/merseyside-and-south-lancashire/green-dragons-den
- Follow the company on Twitter @stagecoachmcsl for more info and get live competition updates using the hashtag #stagecoachdragons