Grants available to support staff to cycle or walk to work
Employers could be eligible for a grant of up to £3,000 to support economic growth and improve access to job opportunities through sustainable travel. The closing date for applications is 23rd March – don’t miss out on this opportunity!
The Department for Transport is funding the scheme through the Liverpool City Region Cycling and Walking to Work programme and can cover initiatives including:
- Pool bikes
- Refurbished shower/changing facilities
- Improvements to existing cycle parking facilities/storage spaces
- Vouchers for cycles/cycling equipment for staff
- Vouchers for walking equipment for staff
- Cyclists breakfasts
- Pedometers to set up walking leagues
- A reward or incentive as part of a prize draw for a walking/cycling challenge
- Bus taster tickets (where this is evidenced to indicate increased walking)
A copy of the grant process and application form can be viewed here.
The application can be completed online at https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/CWWF2018 (but please also refer to the guidance documents).
Two designated business support officers, Helen Cumiskey and Monika Jankowska of WSP Consultants, are coordinating the grant and will provide support with the application process. You can contact them directly on: (0151) 331 8283 or Business.Support.LCR@wsp.com with any questions.